Sophie, what’s up? Not in the Halloween spirit?
I thought the go-to, default costume for girls who can’t think of creative costumes was to go w/ the trusty stripper get-up? I guess that’s not how they roll in Australia. The 32-year-old Ausie model was in attendance at Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ Halloween Party held at Marquee nightclub in Sydney last night.
“Zero Dark Thirty is Bigelow’s follow-up to best picture Oscar winner The Hurt Locker, for which she also became the first woman to win the best director statuette, and Sony is planning an aggressive awards push for the film, which chronicles the CIA’s hunt for bin Laden and the U.S. SEALs raid which left the world’s most wanted terrorist dead.”[THR]
I’m not sure why they continue to make movies about 9/11, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, the Iranian hostage crisis of the 1970s, etc. since none of them seem to do particularly well with audiences (okay, Argo is a success on both the popular and critical front). Kathryn Bigelow clearly thinks her Best Director Oscar for The Hurt Locker is license to venture into the bin Laden hunting territory once again. Her much anticipated Zero Dark Thirty, which dramatizes the hunt for Osama bin Laden, is set to open nationwide on January 11, 2013, a few weeks after it bows in cinemas in Los Angeles and New York.
Conservatives are already crying foul that the movie glorifies President Obama, while Sony has done its best to try and depoliticize the movie’s release by moving it as far away from next week’s presidential election as possible. I don’t get what the hulla balloo is all about – like Obama said at the Al Smith Dinner in Manhattan a couple of weeks ago: “Spoiler Alert: bin Laden is DEAD.”
Visit the film’s official website!
Most people who watch the trailer for Robert Zemeckis’s new film Flight will think it is a movie about a pilot and the airline industry. Thanks to the expert performance put in by Denzel Washington, it is anything but. The plot is long, complicated, and at times terrifying, but here’s the basic gist: an alcoholic airline pilot named Whip (Washington) manages to save a plane full of passengers from certain death by crashing their nosediving aircraft into a church below. Miraculously, only six people are killed.
Whip is hailed as a hero, until a blood-alcohol test reveals that he was legally drunk, thus spurring the wrath of FAA authorities (played by Don Cheadle and Bruce Greenwood) that if upheld in court could mean life in prison for Whip. Whip doesn’t take any of this lying down – he takes it in a drunken stagger, reaching for his pistol and calling out to the demons that he confuses for the ghosts of those who died in the crash. He is one crazy, super hot mess.
The movie is intriguing in the sense that it forces us to examine the nature of hero-building and hero-worship in our own culture; it also asks us to reconsider why we don’t let our heroes have their human flaws before we insist on tearing them down. Mostly, it makes us marevl at the creation of Whip, one of the most fascinating and complex movie characters to emerge from the Hollywood stables in quite a while. Thanks to Washington’s resolute control and Zemeckis’s willingness to really peer into the cracked version of his own reflection, Whip becomes as dimensional and mythical as any modern public figure. In this day of instant celebrity and 15 minutes of fame that seemingly never end, it makes us question why the spotlight attracts as much as it destructs.
Photo Credit: Hollywood Tuna; Pictured: Nina Dobrev In Sexy Daisy Dukes
– Courtney Stodden Wins ‘Most Dressed Like A Unicorn With Tits Standing Next To King Creepy Husband/Dad Of Molestercenshire’ [The Superficial]
– Cee Lo Might Have Sexually Assaulted A Chick [IDontLikeYouInThatWay]
– These Izabel Goulart’s Photos Will Blow You Away [Hollywood Tuna]
– The 20 Hottest Photos of Cassie Ventura [Heavy]
– 56 Photos of Hot Celeb Chicks Dressed for Halloween [GCeleb]
– Throwback Lara Stone Nude Photoshoot of the Day [Drunken Stepfather, NSFW]
– All This Talk About Bronco Bamma And Mitt Romney Is Bringing Little Abby To Tears [Dlisted]
– Taylor Swift covers Cosmo, ‘I’ve never wasted too much time with the wrong person’ [Celebitchy]
– Cheyenne [Caveman Circus]
– Alissa White Is Damn Near Perfect [Diry Rotten Whore, NSFW]
– Vicky Andren looks pretty damn sweet in lingerie! [Brosome]
– Lydie Pages is Anything But Scary [Uncoached]
– Brad Pitt announces $100,000 donation in support of marriage equality [Lainey Gossip]
– Sexy Celebrity Halloween Costumes 2012 [COED Magazine]
– For Honey Boo Boo Every Day is Halloween [CityRag]
– Conan O’Brien Gives Twitter A Glimpse From ‘Arrested Development’ Set [Celebrity Smack]
– Simply Stunning: Heidi Mount [DJMICK]
– Drunk Lady in Short Dress Smashes Glass Door [EgoTV]
– NFL Cheerleaders Celebrate Halloween [Gunaxin]
– April Gutierrez is so hot it’s scary [Regretful Morning]
– Miranda Kerr Does Esquire and Brings Today’s Quote [Skinny VS Curvy]
– Ellen DeGeneres Lets Her Inner Sofia Vergara Out For Halloween, Wardrobe Malfunction & All! [Socialite Life]
– Cindy Crawford’s legs [Upskt Celebs]
– Alexi Wasser Nipples in a Bra of the Day [Drunken Stepfather, NSFW]
– The 20 Hottest Undead Girls [Heavy]
– Sexy Photo: Rosie Roff’s “Gap” [Mankind Unplugged]
– Car Games 1000 [Car Games 1000]
– Are you a Bastardly Lady of the Day? [The Bastardly]
$35 FANDANGO GIFT CARDS FOR ALL LEGIT PARTICIPANTS (*if* you get picked)!!