“She’s excited, exuberant, peppy — is it really all that intolerable?”[HP]
Quick question: did Anne Hathaway kill somebody’s dog? Because we frankly don’t know how else to explain the rampant barrage of insults and spewing anger directed at the woman who broke a thousand hearts per theater with her performance as Fantine in Les Miserables.
Hathaway is far from cool. We get it. She is, after all, the actress who sprung to fame in The Princess Diaries. Her ‘precious’ quotient has always been a little too high for most people’s personal tastes. But it’s not like she’s a friggin’ war criminal . . . or a spotlight-obsessed reality star. You’re likely to find warmer vibes between Jon Hamm and Kim Kardashian than you are between Hathaway and the millions (billions?) tweeting about her during the show.
Some of them left us scratching our heads, wondering how a single woman could inspire such social media rage. Check them out and tell us if we are overreacting:
– one time I googled “I hate Anne Hathaway” too see if anyone else related to my problems in life
– The only thing I hate more than Anne Hathaway is Anne Hathaway crying
– I love that everyone has their own personal reason for hating Anne Hathaway but in the end we can all come together to agree she’s awful!
– .@frantaclaus on anne hathaway: “it’s like they took all the things that people find annoying and put them in one person”
– Anne Hathaway is always schvitzing like a maniac. I mean theatre kid.
– I’m already cringing over the impending awkward Anne Hathaway acceptance speech.
Here’s Anne & hubby Adam Shulman @ The Vanity Fair after party: