Emmy Rossum at “August Osage County” Screening in L.A.
Picutred: Emmy Rossum and Jake McDorman
The always delicious Emmy Rossum attended a special screening for “August Osage County” last night at the Landmark Theater in Los Angeles along with a few of her ‘Shameless‘ co-stars. The screening of the Weinstein Company-produced film benefited the Children Mending Hearts & The Episcopal School Of Los Angeles.
More about the film:
In Osage County, Oklahoma, in August, Beverly Weston (Shepard), is a poet with a drinking problem while his wife, Violet (Streep) suffers from mouth cancer and has a newly developed addiction to drugs. Beverly decides to hire a live-in cook and caregiver for Violet. A few weeks after Johnna (Upham) is hired, Beverly disappears which motivates the family to come together to look for him but only to find a few days later that he has committed suicide. Violet and Beverly’s daughters, Barbara (Roberts) and Karen (Lewis), along with Ivy (Nicholson) who lives in the house, come to their father’s funeral, as does the entire family. A series of conflicts ensue over the next several days as Violet and Barbara have never understood each other. Karen’s fiancé proves to be a pot smoker and tries to molest his soon to be niece, Ivy is planning to run away with her cousin after engaging in a romantic relationship. At the end Violet remains alone, only with Johnna. Source
- ‘August: Osage County’ director John Wells on family dynamics (latimes.com)
- ‘August: Osage County’ writer Tracy Letts: ‘I’m a tough fighter’ (latimes.com)
- 22nd PFF Review: August: Osage County (goodsweep586.wordpress.com)
- Review: ‘August: Osage County’ One Giant Smorgasbord of Performances (hotterinhollywood.com)
- Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts & Cast Talk August: Osage County (reellifewithjane.com)